4:30 Meditation...

Sunday, April 8, 2007

 

Brrrr...I just walked in from a waaaaaaaaay too cold April walk from my class at Old High. I don't know what it is about walking alone with absolutely nothing but trees and grass and all the rest of the green stuff lol but it always puts me in a meditating-like mood. I cant help thinking how great God is with all these events that have happened recently during the past like couple months. I am overwhelmed by how much things have changed and worked out for the better. HYC has come again and gone and it was as wonderful experience for everyone I think. Our preacher/evangelist this year was Brother Sargeant (sergeant, sargent ok i have no idea) who was a one armed man who was incredibly anointed with God and preached about Faith on Friday night. Thursday night was also good and I loved watching the babes (Lezlie and Jessie) getting absolutely drunk in the Holy ghost and watching how God touched even though it was only the first night. I cant remember the exact subject he preached on but i remember him saying that the reason a lot that Pentecostals lose 75% of their kids is when they go off to college; not b/c they cant handle it but b/c they don't know themselves or who they are. It affected me just b/c I'm going to San Marcos for college by myself and its been one of my not fears but like concerns I guess. Anyways as I was saying Friday night was amazing and the subject was on Faith. One thing that stood out to me was the statement that sometimes we accept things to easily with the adage "well it must be God's will for such and such" Its so interesting to see all the connections God lays on preachers hearts to speak to us. It was pretty much the same thing that Brother Elms was preaching about a while about God wanting to see how desperate you are and how hell trembles when a saint of God becomes desperate. It says in the Bible that the "fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much" It seems like Gods just wanting to see now how desperately we want to have souls and how much we are willing to sacrifice. Like going out on Saturday on Outreach I think. For me it would be b/c I only get one day to sleep past 6:00, lol and thats it so yea. Not a fun word but worth it in the long run. WOOHOO!!!! Im excited church, lets get desperate!
Mucho Love and Laughs
Heather Feather

5 comments:

shewhohasredhair said...

hey,heather.
how are you getting along w/o me?
haha

-Michaela

shewhohasredhair said...

yeah arkansas has been good to me.
haha
im not doing much,just that everyone here has NOTHING else to talk about but prom which is this saturday.its like its their whole lives here.tired of it.haha

-Michaela

Anonymous said...

wow you really got me to thinkn now!!! thats not gud!!! my heads startn to hurt!!! lol

andrew said...

thanks heather. dude your back ground is really cool lookin. how did you do that? what is that?

andrew said...

sounds like fun. but i didnt think it was syrup i tthought it was something from like a beer commercial. but thats just me.