And more fun sketches

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

 

Lol this was a study i did on architecture in order to kinna play around with the way buildings look and stuff. Anyways the top one that im writing under is supposed to be like an underwater atlantis thing. Although i just noticed i have no idea why i put STAIRS. If atlantis is suposed to be crawling w/mermaids it seems a little silly...kinna like whenpeople put braille on the drive through ATM machines...(yea why would the blind be driving?)

This one is called "Damali." Ok its Arabic for "beautful vision" which i thought was fitting. I love all the rich colors involved in this one. My favorite thing about art or artworks is color whichs on of the reasons I love the Fauves so much...(ok for those who havent realized the true magnificence and glory that is Art history it was a radical movement at the turn of the century led byHenri Matisse called the Fauves which is French for "wild beast" and he main focus was color. They believed everything else in art was just a medium for emphazing color. yea it really is my first love) anyways I also liked the arabic architecture involved.




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful! I especialy like the color one. I found your blog from Sis. Elm's. Your blog is very nice and I look forward to reading more.
God bless you,
Tena